Posted on 05/29/2013
Southport, NC has once again been nominated as one of the best 4th of July festivals in the country. A 200 year old tradition, this quaint port city hosts one of the largest festivals around with an estimated 40,000 people expected to visit and enjoy the festivities. This festival, incorporated as THE North Carolina 4th of July Festival in 1972, maintains and preserves the honor of our nation's birth along with plenty of entertainment the whole family can enjoy.
To vote for Southport, NC as Johnsonville's Best of US festival, click here
• Veterans Recognition - ceremony honoring the sacrifices of our armed service personnel who have served and paid for our freedom
• Numerous Food Vendors - Be prepared to eat!
• Main Stage Entertainment - Top 40's and country bands each evening
• The most patriotic parade representing main street USA and televised on WECT TV6 "Where News Comes First"
• A Naturalization Ceremony - Bring plenty of tissues for this tearjerker.
• Flag Retirement Ceremony -Ceremony giving residents and visitors an opportunity to properly dispose of their USA flags
• Beach Day - Popular activities on display at Southport's neighboring beach community Oak Island - volleyball and shag contests to mention a few
• Freedom Run & Walk - Runners and walkers enjoy an organized event encouraging a healthy America
• Children's Entertainment & Games - Sack races, watermelon eating contests and so much more!
• Fireworks - A perfect end to a perfect festival.
Tagged: Southport |
2019 Visit Brunswick Beaches.com | All Rights Reserved. Website Hosting and Programming by InterCoastal Net Designs